I recently discovered a website and facebook page for SCD Lifestyle (link in the side bar), “SCD” being Specific Carbohydrate Diet. As someone with celiac disease, I found the link to be helpful and actually discovered some new information about celiac disease. One of the proprietors of this web site is also celiac, so he has a helpful perspective on diet, supplements and celiac health.
Through their facebook page, they offered tips for alleviating stress. I figured I would subscribe because who doesn’t have stress they want to have eased! The first email tip was meditation (aka breathing exercises). Easy enough.
Today’s tip for the day involved a 3 step process, the last step of which I can’t clearly remember. The second step had an impact on me (which is probably why I can’t recall the third and final step). The tip was to exercise gratitude; essentially to spend 3 minutes making a list of all the things that I am grateful for, whether relationships, possessions or experiences and recall the positive emotion tied to those relationships, possessions or experiences.
Too often I find myself praying in “asking” mode, asking God for help and healing and for this or that, instead of thanking God for all He has done for me. I have been blessed and I am grateful.
Thank you, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment