Sunday, October 28, 2012

I spy with my little eye ...


I like to “people-watch”. Not in a creepy voyeuristic way, but in an observant “noticing those around me” kind of way. I’m curious about the people I see riding the bus, walking downtown, out and about shopping, or at my kids’ sporting events. I wonder who they are and what their story is.

A number of weeks ago I was waiting for the bus downtown and an older woman passed by and I literally did a double-take because this woman looked exactly like Mrs. Doubtfire! From the hair to the polyester dress, I thought she was the spitting image of the movie character! I wonder who she really is? If she wore pants and a shirt instead of the dress, would she look like Robin Williams? I keep hoping I’ll see her again.

I see mothers on the bus in the morning with their young children, and I wonder what kind of jobs they work at and just how early they must need to get up in the morning to drop their little one off at daycare. In the early afternoons I see older ladies on the bus that look like they got dressed up to get their hair done or to go shopping downtown (somehow I always presume at The Bay). Some of these women are quite elegant in their older age and I wonder what they were like when they were younger.

I see all types of different people and I hope a smile or a kind word or gesture might make a difference in their day.

I spy with my little eye, people all around me. I wonder what other people-watchers see when they see me?



No comments:

Post a Comment