The inevitable has happened. The white stuff, aka snow, has arrived. Judging by the looks of things and the length of time it took my son to shovel the neighbour’s driveway and sidewalks, I’d say the snow is probably here for the duration of the winter season.
There’s something about waking up in the morning, looking out the window and seeing everything covered in a thick, clean white layer of snow. There is a certain novelty that comes with the first big snowfall, especially when it seems to keep coming down and you need to shovel multiple times just to keep up. For me, I feel like hunkering down, lighting candles, doing some baking and watching movies. It’s time to find the boots and mitts, and start the Christmas shopping list.
But I think my most favourite thing about winter and snow ... is Spring.
"But I think my most favourite thing about winter and snow ... is Spring."
ReplyDeleteAmen, sister! I'm already doing the countdown to the shortest day of the year. I always feel like the worst is behind us, once the days start getting incrementally, minutely longer.