Monday, September 10, 2012

Autumn

Autumn is quickly approaching, and I’m not sure I’m ready for it. I’m ready for the kids to be back at school and ready for them to get back into the routine that comes with classes, homework, volleyball practices and tournaments. But I’m not sure that I’m ready for the busyness of chauffeuring back and forth to practices and to tournaments and being a short-order cook and caterer, juggling the boys’ different schedules.

But for me, the best part of Autumn (also known as School Volleyball Season at our house) is getting to see some of the other parents at the games. I guess you might say it’s my social network! I have been a “volleyball mom” with one other mother for 6 years while our boys played together in school and in club from Grades 7 to 12. We’ve got one more varsity season together watching our younger sons and I’m really looking forward to sitting in the stands with her for one more season.

So come on, Autumn. Let’s go Buckeyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment