My first son to leave the nest has left. He’s son number 2 in birth order, and although his older brother Corey left to work in Alberta and live with extended family, Corey was back in the nest about 2 months later. My son, Brendan, has gone off to Medicine Hat College for the year on a volleyball scholarship. I’m finding I have mixed emotions about letting him go. I’m ready to release him into the world, mostly because I know that’s what I’m supposed to do, but I’d still like to keep him close. Brendan has only been gone for one week so far and I’m working hard at not texting him every day!
In his last year of high school, he had already started to long for his independence and was trying to spread his wings in different ways. As a mom, what can I do except tell him, and show him, that I love and trust him ... and pray.
In the last month or two before Brendan left, it seemed he hugged me more, and let me hug him more. Maybe that was his way of preparing to leave the nest.
No comments:
Post a Comment