Last week the Democrats in the United States held their National Convention. There was some drama the first day when the single reference to God and to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel was re-inserted in the Democrats' platform after having been deleted. It was quite clear to listeners that the vocal vote taken to re-insert the wording was not in favour of putting God back in the platform, however it was proclaimed approved by two-thirds majority. I shouldn’t be surprised or shocked by the intensity of the denial of God that some people displayed. I often read on-line comments to news stories on the internet, and those who oppose God and all things faith-related are very vocal and make their derision clear. How this must grieve God.
I proclaim that God is in the platform for my life and my family. He’s been good to us this week and continues to reveal to me just how much He loves me and my family!
* Brendan had his orientation and first classes at Medicine Hat College this past week. He realized that he wasn’t registered for one class that he needed as a pre-requisite for another class. He texted to me: “miracle – last possible available spot in entire semester and fits my schedule beautifully”. God is good!
* Nathan had tryouts this week for the varsity volleyball team and was very nervous. On the drive to Wednesday’s practice, I prayed for him, specifically that he wouldn’t be nervous. One of the first things he said when I picked him up was that as soon as he walked in the gym his nervousness was gone. I told him, “Nathan, God loves you and cares about you – even about volleyball!” God is good!
* Finances are really tight for us right now and I was holding off setting Nathan up with Brendan’s old phone since I was told I had to pay out the balance of Brendan’s contract before I could cancel it ($30/month for another 4 months). I went yesterday to see if they would do it without me having to pay out the contract first. The short story is, they set up Nathan’s number with Brendan’s old phone, and when he checked on the status of Brendan’s phone, it was completely gone off of my account. God is good! Apparently there was a $25 charge for transferring over the phone, but since I got there just before they had to do a mandatory system re-start and had to wait for 15-20 minutes (went to Best Buy while I waited), the fellow helping me didn’t charge me. God is good!
* I went to Best Buy (during my wait for the phone) to pick up a new printer for my computer since my old one kicked the bucket. Corey had checked them out for me the week before and found a good basic one for $99. That’s the one I had checked out on-line, but when I got to the store, there was a printer on the shelf that looked to be the next model up, with an additional feature to print photos, marked on sale from $149 to $99. I still got a printer for $99, with more features. God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment